Sunday, March 24, 2013

Vintage Fairies and a bit of Yeats

Princess Edane... heard a voice singing on a May Eve like this, and followed half awake and half asleep, until she came into the Land of Faery, where nobody gets old and godly and grave, where nobody gets old and crafty and wise, where nobody gets old and bitter of tongue.  ~William Butler Yeats, "The Land of Heart's Desire," 1894


These are just wonderful and enchanting vintage fairy pictures that I hope you will enjoy.  
May you days be filled with the magic and laughter of the Fae Folk ... Always !


9 comments:

Unknown said...

THANK YOU for the magic. It brightens my day. Norma, x

Introverted Art said...

they are amazing!

CraveCute said...

Thank you for sharing these magical images! I would love to live in the land of Fae!

Magic Love Crow said...

Such beautiful images and such beautiful writing! Many blessings to you my friend ;o)

Victoria said...

I love these vintage paintings of faeries, thank you for posting them. May you have the blessings of the Fae with you always, too...

Victoria

sharonssunlitmemories said...

Beautiful fairy paintings Jan - I love them all. I did enjoy hearing from you again - I have missed everyone so much while I was away. Glad to see you are still sharing your lovely posts xx

elettrarossa said...

You always choose the better words and images! A hug from the land of W.B.Yeats, today covered in show!

earthen-magic said...

...gently beautiful images! ~ and ~ awesome prose!...
...may thee be many time blessed! ~ dear kindred heart!...(0;

L-A said...

I'm just catching up on blog reading - I love these illustrations!